Our Top 10 List of Needs
1. Finishing the Hanging of Vinyl Siding on Shelter!
- ALL of the siding material was donated. A team from out of state started the work but was unable to finish! We will need staging and a break to finish.
-The Shelter has two kitchens and three bathrooms that DESPERATELY need linoleum or tile flooring.
-The rest of the house DESPERATELY needs the wood floors refinished!
-EVERY ROOM on ALL three floors needs to be painted. Most urgently, the 3rd floor is ready to be primed now that the dry waller has just finished!
-We have four windows that are broken and need to be replaced ASAP. In this cold weather, the draft is bad.
-The 1st and 2nd floor bathrooms have very old vanities and toilets. It would be wonderful to update them as they are old and are used so often.
6. Front Porch and 2nd floor porch!
-The front porch is so deteriorated that we cannot use the front door! The wood is all rotted. It's the same with the 2nd floor porch/balcony. The men would love to use the front door if we had a new front porch on both floors.
7. Covering basement pipes that may have asbestos!
-The men are downstairs often to do laundry, bring up food, and more. We think there is asbestos on the pipes and want to deal with it.
8. Back Stairway needs to be jacked up!
-The back stairway that is used hundreds of times a day is sagging badly to one side.
9. Lacquering the Bunk beds!
-Our bunk beds were just built this year and we would like to paint on lacquer to protect them and make them easier to clean.
-We need of 5 new interior doors for the house! Two are needed on the new 3rd floor and the others are needed to replace original doors that have fallen apart.